Sierra and Maddy are childhood friends who first met at summer camp, before starting a company rooted in the belief of the power and pleasure of making food with your own hands… even if you’re just frying an egg. Both first-time entrepreneurs, Sierra previously worked as a food editor at New York Magazine and also hosted a show for CBS This Morning interviewing chefs; Maddy comes from the startup world, where she managed consumer insights for Warby Parker and was a product manager at Zola. The name Great Jones is a nod to Judith Jones, a cookbook author and editor who championed and published the work of Julia Child, Edna Lewis, James Beard, and many others. She died in 2017 at age 93. It’s also a reference to New York, where these female founders are proud to hail and build their business from. Read more at greatjones.com.
Great Jones Family Style Set
Le Creuset, who?!
Pare down clutter in your kitchen and focus on the pieces you actually need to cook at home. Spoiler: This curated cookware set will satisfy any craving.
- The Duchess | Enameled cast-iron Dutch oven
- Big Deal | For the times when you a) entertain or b) want leftovers.
- Saucy | Curved sides make stirring and whisking a breeze.
- Deep Cut | Custom hybrid between a deep sauté pan and a skillet.
- Small Fry | Ceramic (not Teflon!) nonstick skillet.